We're Here to Help
As the COVID-19 Corona Virus increases in prevalence throughout our country and here in the state of Connecticut, CMHA has implemented a number of precautions and safeguards in an effort to protect our clients and staff, and to mitigate spread in the communities we serve. CMHA is making sure you that and your loved ones are still able to receive high-quality behavioral healthcare during these challenging times - even if it can’t be done face to face.
As of Monday, 3/23, CMHA is providing ALL services remotely through an audio-visual Telehealth system. There will be no services offered on-site.
Please contact us today at 860.223.2778 to speak to one of our caring staff.
If you are in Crisis please call our CRISIS HOTLINE: 860.224.3331
CMHA's Telehealth services are a HIPAA-secure, real-time audio and video connection between a client and their clinician or prescriber in the provision of individual and family therapy, medication management, or assessment. Telehealth can take place either via cell phone or computer. When appropriate, CMHA staff are also reaching out to clients by phone to check in with them and make sure they are okay.
Social Distancing at CMHA
- CMHA’s residential programs are closed to visitors, and we are educating and encouraging our residents to practice social distancing.
- Our Team Time Social Club is now closed. However, we are delivering meals to club members in need.
If you or a loved one are struggling during these uncertain times, do not hesitate to call CMHA's Crisis Hotline at 860.224.3331 or one of the following toll-free numbers:
1.) Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 | SMS: text TalkWithUs or Hablanos to 66746 | TTY 1-800-846-8517
2.) National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255, or for Spanish call 1-888-628-9454 | TTY 1-800-799-4889
3.) National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 | TTY 1-800-787-3224
Resources for Children & Families
How to Talk to Your Child About COVID-19
- Be Calm and Reassuring
- Maintain a Normal Routine as Much as Possible
- Be Available to Them
- Be Honest and Accurate
- Monitor Television Viewing and Social Media
- Model Effective Hygiene and Healthy Lifestyle Practices
Accessing School Meals
How to Keep Your Child Engaged & Learning Independently
- Storytime Anytime has a popular YouTube channel that features classics as well as the “How To Catch” books written by Adam Wallace. The videos also include “Pig the Pug” books, superhero books highlighting some favorites like the Incredibles, Lego DC Super Heroes, Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther.
- Scholastic is offering the Scholastic Learn at Home Program to students who have been affected by COVID-19 school closures. The site has learning material for students in PreK-ninth grade. Each day, students get a few new tasks, such as reading a book or article, watching a video and completing a few activities.
- All Kids Network has worksheets, color pages, hidden pictures, mazes, and dot to dot pictures available for free. Included on the site are more than 1000 craft ideas that you can do together with your child on the weekends or during a work break.
- San Diego Zoo has free live cams of their animals. Some of the animals your child can watch include polar bears, elephants, giraffes, apes (and their new baby!), koala bears, tigers, penguins and pandas.
- CoolMath4Kids helps make math learning fun through games that teach kids how to add, subtract, multiply, divide and use fractions. The site has lessons, quizzes, brain teasers and even printable flashcards to help students learn new math skills.
*Additional resources are being posted on CMHA's social media daily, so be sure to check there for more activities
Resources for Those Struggling with Addiction or Behavioral Health
To learn how to alleviate some of the stress or anxiety you or a loved one may be experiencing at this time through mindfulness and self-guided relaxation techniques, click here.
*Check back periodically as further relaxation and mindfulness links will be added.
Additional Community and State-wide Resources
All Connecticut Food Pantries by Location
Listing of all Connecticut Chambers of Commerce by location- see what local businesses near you are still operating and, if you can, try to help support them during these times.
How and When to Clean Your Phone